A collection of musings on topics ranging from science to music to philosophy
Monday, April 23, 2012
For your reading pleasure
A less complicated version of the article we presented last week. Do not worry, there are not ROC curves ;)
Might want to watch out for the obvious hard-on the writer has for Jennifer Aniston though...and her chin?
I thought this was an interesting follow-up for our discussion last week. I wonder what the results would be if the test for Jennifer Aniston was done on someone who grew up without watching much tv. I wonder if the person knew who she was but not as much detail about her how quickly and strongly they would response. Also it would be interesting to compared celebrity recognition to people someone knew personally.
I didn't make it to class last week, and now I am dissappointed I missed it. This was very interesting, less because of the celebrity recognition and more because of the potential in this area of study. It will be amazing if they can develop a machine that could read brain signals. This would open up many opportunities in comparing male and female brains and also brains of individuals with neurological disorders.
Yeah, I wish they would have reported more of the demographic information for the patients. I know it was a part of the interview and the screening for responses but they did not talk about it in the paper other then they were showed the pictures they responded to in screening. :-/ oh well
I thought this was an interesting follow-up for our discussion last week. I wonder what the results would be if the test for Jennifer Aniston was done on someone who grew up without watching much tv. I wonder if the person knew who she was but not as much detail about her how quickly and strongly they would response. Also it would be interesting to compared celebrity recognition to people someone knew personally.
ReplyDeleteI didn't make it to class last week, and now I am dissappointed I missed it. This was very interesting, less because of the celebrity recognition and more because of the potential in this area of study. It will be amazing if they can develop a machine that could read brain signals. This would open up many opportunities in comparing male and female brains and also brains of individuals with neurological disorders.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I wish they would have reported more of the demographic information for the patients. I know it was a part of the interview and the screening for responses but they did not talk about it in the paper other then they were showed the pictures they responded to in screening. :-/ oh well
ReplyDelete