Tuesday, April 24, 2012

How Hospital Gardens Help Patients Heal

I totally agree with this topic becasue for almost everyone of us love to see the beautiful nature, especially with clear sky and very bright sunlight. Just even thinking about that makes me feel so good and energetic, so of course I can imagine what that can do for a sick person. it is mentioned in this article that, "patients with bedside windows looking out on leafy trees healed, on average, a day faster, needed significantly less pain medication and had fewer postsurgical complications than patients who instead saw a brick wall."

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=nature-that-nurtures

2 comments:

  1. This topic really make sense some people see the growth of a plant or even a garden and they see that they can heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article reminds me of working at Harris Hillman. After lunch I got to take the students, who were severely mentally and physically handicapped, out to what they called the "Sensory Garden". It was one of the few times I got to see the students' personalities. I assume, from what the article was saying, that this was because the garden allowed them to relax, among other things. Really interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.