The topic this week got me thinking about the possibility of being attracted to someone via chemical pheromones. After doing some research I found an interesting article! Amazing how powerful our brains are!
"These findings corroborate that human pheromones do exist, and that women can communicate chemically with men and vice versa. This is a very important finding because it shows specific areas of the brain that are activated by these chemicals."
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=116833&page=1
-A.F.
Hmph. I think it is strange that perfume companies are trying to add pheromones to their fragrances. I can understand the effect they are aiming for, yet (in their attempt)to "artificially" induce an individual to attraction through the fragrance itself seems bound to disturb the natural process. However, there are many daily used products we have that may have an effect on the nature of our bodies. But that is still weird...Probably, I feel this way, because what if someone wore a fragance with human pheromones (if they ever come up with that) that does not genetically relate to their own pheromones? I am not sure if pheromones are genetically specific for determination for best mate as it is the case for MHC compatibility...
ReplyDelete