Friday, March 22, 2013

Science, Religion, and Faith

Carson Phipps' discussion with us brought up science and different religious/spiritual views and how they can coincide or cancel each other out. I found an article talking about how science and religion have similiar composition at their roots, which I thought was interesting. This article pertains mostly to physics and the laws within that discipline. It is an interesting read to further the discussion from Wednesday.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/24/opinion/24davies.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

This next page is just a list of famous scientisst, who were also religious. I thought it was neat to go through and see who was on the list. I know a lot of people going to do science professionally sometimes struggle with whether both sides can coexist or if they have to choose.
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/sciencefaith.html

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! It is truly unfortunate that there is so much hostility between the religious and the scientific. It doesn't have to be!

    There is very little if anything in either that "disproves" the other. In fact, as a very spiritual person who also studies science, I often find that the more I learn about one the more strongly I feel about the other.

    This kind of hostility often stems from a lack of understanding of the other perspective.

    Ironically, it is neither scientific to immediately reject something you don't understand nor is it acceptable to most peaceful religions to show or feel unfounded hostility toward another individual or group.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.