I thought this article was really neat. Scientist have discovered that placentas with more than 4 trophoblast has a 96.7% risk for autism. According to the article, "The Brain is most responsive to treatment in the first year of life," so an earlier diagnoses could lead to a decrease in those who are autistic. When you diagnose children at age 3 or above there isn't much you can do about it.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/04/130425091604.htm
I tried to do a little outside research on some of my questions, and maybe someone will be able to answer them...
ReplyDeleteFrom what I gathered, the trophoblast stage takes 3-4 days, so how can this is be applied for future mothers? They make an appointment with their doctor for this estimated time point during differentiation to monitor the number of inclusions?
More and more children get diagnosed with Autism each year, most of whom are too old to recieve beneficial treatment. I wish we could develop better and more advanced strategies for those who are older and suffer from the complications of Austism.