I found this article very interesting because there is a history of high blood pressure in my family. I have always heard that eating alot of eggs is bad for people with high cholesterol levels, but I had never heard of a relationship between eggs and blood pressure. This study found that egg whites can decrease high blood pressure as good as or better than low doses of Captopril, Vasotec and Monopril which are common high blood pressure medications. Scientists have found a protein in egg whites that is an angiotensin-converting-enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It has a powerful ability to inhibit or block the action of ACE, a substance produced in the body that raises blood pressure. The study even showed that the protein in fried eggs decreased blood pressure even more.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/04/130409155814.htm
I thought this article was neat. I also have a family history of high blood pressure and I will definitely be informing them on this. I think it is great to be able to use holistic approaches to cure diseases. I would much rather resort to natural remedies to reduce health issues such as high blood pressure than to take medicines that typically have side effects and cause additional health problems. Great article!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Kenya, it's great to know of some easy things you can do to your diet to greatly improve your health. Even if it only works on 50% of people, adding eggs to your diet should be something told to anyone with high blood pressure. My dad has high blood pressure, so you better believe I'll be frying him up some eggs!
ReplyDelete